- 4 days in Salzburg
- 5 days in Vienna
- 3 days in Prague
- Vienna State Opera House
- Two Mozart Museums: Birth House and Wohnhaus
- “The Sound of Music” Tour in Salzburg
- Many sites where “The Sound of Music” was filmed
- Prague’s St. Vitus Cathedral, Prague Castle, Charles Bridge
- Vienna’s Collection of Historic Musical Instruments
- Walking tour of Beethoven’s Heiligenstadt
- Tours of each city led by local guide
Back to Top.
The Lake Country of Austria is just a short distance from Salzburg. You will visit this scenic area during the “Sound of Music” tour.
- Mozart of the major performances in Vienna and Prague have not yet been announced. The 2023-24 Season is usually published in June or July. This web page will be updated as performances are finalized.
- These are the performances we already have reserved:
- Mozart Dinner & Concert in Salzburg’s Peterskeller
- Chamber Concert in Mirabell Palace in Salzburg
- Choral Mass in Salzburg’s Cathedral
- Staatskapelle Dresden Orchestra in Musikverein in Vienna (tickets are not yet on sale, but have been requested)
- Once the September performances are announced, we expect to acquire tickets to several more performances, including those at:
- Vienna: State opera, Volksoper, Musikverein, Konzerthaus
- Prague: Rudolfinum, Estates Opera House, National Theater, Prague State Opera House
- Please read the “Information about the Performances on the Itinerary” on the Terms and Conditions page.
Back to Top.
Salzburg Cathedral where Mozart was baptized. We’ll attend an excellent choral mass here.
What’s Included in the Price
- 12 nights in 4-star hotels
- Transportation from Salzburg to Vienna and from Vienna to Prague
- Public transportation passes in Vienna and Prague
- Tickets to the performances listed above
- Walking tours in each city led by local guides
- All museum admissions listed in the itinerary
- In the first day full day in Salzburg and Vienna, we will provide all three meals; two meals a day (breakfast and lunch, or breakfast and dinner) will be included on the other days.
- Group lunches and dinners will include one drink per person: beer, wine, bottled or tap water, soft drink. Subsequent drinks can be ordered and paid for individually. No refunds if a drink is not ordered, sorry!
- Hotel and restaurant gratuities
- Maps of each city
- David Nelson’s guidance and assistance at all times
- Copious amounts of fun
Back to Top.
Vienna’s Musikverein, one of the most beautiful and historic concert halls in the world. We’ll attend a performance there.
- Wednesday, September 6. Opening dinner in Salzburg. Some may wish to arrive a day or two early, dependent on hotel space.
- Thursday, September 7. Salzburg
- Friday, September 8. Salzburg
- Saturday, September 9. Salzburg
- Sunday, September 10. Travel from Salzburg to Vienna.
- Monday, September 11. Vienna
- Tuesday, September 12. Vienna
- Wednesday, September 13, Vienna
- Thursday, September 14. Vienna
- Friday, September 15. Travel from Vienna to Prague
- Saturday, September 16. Prague
- Sunday, September 17. Prague
- Monday, September 18. Travel home
- $3950 per person for the 12-day trip, double occupancy. The single-occupancy supplement for the 12-day trip is an additional $830.
- Travelers desiring to do a shorter trip can join us for the Salzburg and Vienna portions. This 9-day tour costs $2995, double occupancy, with an additional $625 for the single supplement.
- For those traveling alone, you may be placed in a double room with another person of the same gender traveling alone. Depending on who signs up for the trip, you may be in a double or a single room, and will still pay the double-occupancy price. The only guaranteed single rooms are for those paying the single supplement.
Book Your Trip
- Go here to book your trip.
- Be sure to choose the options you want on the “Which Trip” menu.