Customized Group Travel is for groups of music lovers who want a specially constructed trip just for them. Such a trip can be for alumni associations, patron groups from orchestras or opera associations, choral societies, universities or high schools, radio stations, or just a group of family and friends.
These trips can follow a standard itinerary or a customized schedule of events can be made to meet specific interests. Just a few possibilities for customized trips are:
- Beethoven’s Life and Symphonies (Bonn and Vienna; orchestral concerts in Vienna’s Musikverein or Konzerthaus)
- Opera Extravaganza (Vienna, Venice, Prague; performances at Vienna State Opera, Venice’s La Fenice, Prague’s National Theater or Estates Theater)
- Three Cities of Mozart (Salzburg, Vienna, Prague; visit four Mozart Museums and other sites, and hear several concerts or operas)
- Europe’s Great Orchestras (Berlin Philharmonic at the Salzburg Easter Festival, Vienna Philharmonic at the Musikverein, Czech Philharmonic at the Rudolfinium)
In Mozart’s Footsteps can also arrange unique opportunities that are usually unavailable to the public:
- attending a rehearsal of a major orchestra
- getting a behind-the-scenes tour of the home of the Vienna Boys Choir
- meeting with an administrator of one of Vienna’s major musical institutions. (Dr. Nelson got to know many of these people while researching his book.)
- taking a private tour of the Vienna City Hall
An unparalleled possibility would be a private concert just for our group. This would be in the magnificent central hall of Vienna’s Collection of Ancient Musical Instruments and would be a chamber music performance on one of the collection’s historic instruments, perhaps a piano owned by Brahms or Mahler, or Leopold Mozart’s violin. The director of the collection (a good friend of Dr. Nelson) would also give the group a private tour of the museum.
For all custom trips, Dr. Nelson can travel to meet with the group before the trip for orientation and planning meetings, and for any educational sessions that are desired. For school groups, he recommends about six hours of pre-trip sessions over a one- or two-day period. Click here to see some of the details that will be covered.
There is great flexibility in planning a customized trip, and Dr. Nelson would work closely with the group to choose the best possible cities, dates, itinerary, and budget. In Mozart’s Footsteps can also arrange for discounted group air travel. And, of course, Dr. Nelson would personally lead the entire trip.
Contact us for price quotes and for more information.